Sunday, February 14, 2010

Challenger of the day-Robin Uthappa

*Up, close and personal with your favourite RCB player. Fans, fire away the quirky questions!


Disclaimer: For the IPL 2009 period, this piece is run entirely on the creative juices of the author and is illustrative of a format that the Chief Blogger for RCB might be involved in writing. 


All content in this piece is to be treated as fictional. 








Questions to Robin Uthappa


Q. I love your trademark walk-down-the-pitch-drive-over-the-bowler shot. When did you pick that up? asked Aditi from Mumbai 

Robin: Ah, that. It was at the U-16 level. I hated the balls that would thud into my ribcage from a length. I wasn't much of a cutter/puller then so I started walking down the pitch to get to drive the ball and get my boundaries! And the shot has stayed with me since.

Q. Which has been your most memorable innings in international cricket? asked Rahul from Hyderabad


Robin: I'd pick the 47 off 33 balls when we were chasing 300 or so against England in the Natwest series. It was immensely satisfying because I managed to stay there till the end and pull off a win for India in a pressure cooker situation.

Watch a video

Q. If you were marooned on an exotic island, who would you want to be stuck with? asked Sonam from Delhi

Robin: Angelina Jolie. The lips and the tattoos make her irresistible. I've been attracted to her from the day I watched Tomb Raider. 

Q. Are you and single and available at the moment? asked Keerthana from Bangalore 


Robin: It's complicated. :) But Virat Kohli is single and ready to mingle, and he's fun! You should give him a shot. And don't tell him I told you this. ;)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Urban Designs